Smalls for All® respects your privacy and is committed to protecting your personal data. This privacy notice will explain how we look after your personal data and will tell you about your privacy rights and how the law protects you.
This privacy notice aims to give you information on how Smalls for All® collects and processes your personal data. It applies to the data we collect through your use of this website, including any data you may provide to us through our website, when you sign up to our newsletter, purchase a product, take part in our lottery or contact us.
Smalls for All® (“we”, “us”, “our”) is the controller in respect of the data protection legislation.
You can contact us by emailing email@example.com or writing to Smalls for All, 108 Buchanan Crescent, Eliburn, Livingston, EH54 7EF.
You have the right to make a complaint at any time to the Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO), the UK supervisory authority for data protection issues (www.ico.org.uk). We would, however, appreciate the chance to deal with your concerns before you approach the ICO so please contact us in the first instance.
Personal data collected by us
Personal data, or personal information, means any information about an individual from which that person can be identified. It’s important that the personal data we hold about you is accurate and current. Please keep us informed if your personal data changes during your relationship with us.
|Type of personal data||How we use it||Lawful basis for processing and retention period|
|Data you provide to us when you purchase an item from our online shop including: name, address, payment details, contact details.||To process your order.||To fulfil our contractual obligations to you.
We'll retain this information for a period of 6 years in accordance with legal and accounting requirements.
|Data you provide to us when you sign up to our newsletter including: name, email address.||To provide you with our newsletter.||On the basis of your consent.
We'll check whether you wish to continue receiving communications of this nature from us at least every 18 months. If you opt out or don't respond to confirm you wish to continue hearing from us, we'll delete this personal data within 3 months of the initial request.
Where you don't wish to hear from us, we may retain a minimal amount of your personal data on a suppression list to ensure we don't contact you again.
You have the option to unsubscribe from our newsletter at any time.
|Data you provide to us when you take part in our lottery including: name, email address, contact details.||To include you in our lottery draw.||To fulfil our contractual obligations to you .
We'll retain this information for the duration of our contract with you and for 6 years thereafter in accordance with legal and accounting requirements.
|Data you provide to us when you contact us by email or through our 'contact us' form including: name, email address, contact details and any other personal data you choose to provide to us.||To allow us to respond to your queries and provide you with information about our charity.||Necessary for our and your legitimate interests, our legitimate interests being that we wish to assist you with any queries you may have about our charity and provide you with more information about our activities.
We'll delete this information within 3 months of us considering our conversation with you has ended. If you opt in to our newsletter or otherwise enter a contract with us during this correspondence, please see the relevant row of this table.
|Data we collect about you when you make a donation either directly to us or through a third party such as Wonderful or CAF Donate including: name, email address.||To allow us to process your donation and send you an acknowledgement of receipt/thank you where possible.||To fulfil our contractual obligations to you.
Necessary for our legitimate interests in that we wish to thank you for your donation and ask if you would like us to stay in touch through our newsletter.
We'll delete this information within 3 months of receiving it.
Please see our cookies policy for more information.
Disclosure of your personal data
We share your personal data with the following third parties:
- Start Digital – We use Start Digital to host our website.
- MailChimp – Where you’ve subscribed to our newsletter, we’ll share your personal information with MailChimp which administers the distribution of our newsletters.
We may have to share your personal data with accountants, legal advisers, regulators, government departments, law enforcement authorities or other professional advisers where appropriate.
We require all third parties to respect the security of your personal data and to treat it in accordance with the law. We don’t allow our third-party service providers to use your personal data for their own purposes and only permit them to process your personal data for specified purposes and in accordance with our instructions.
Where our third party service providers are based outside of the EEA, the processing of your personal data will involve a transfer of data outside the EEA.
Whenever we transfer your personal data out of the EEA, we ensure a similar degree of protection is afforded to it by ensuring at least one of the following safeguards is implemented:
- We’ll only transfer your personal data to countries that have been deemed to provide an adequate level of protection for personal data by the European Commission.
- Where we use certain service providers, we may use specific contracts approved by the European Commission which give personal data the same protection it has in Europe.
- Where we use providers based in the US, we may transfer data to them if they’re part of the Privacy Shield which requires them to provide similar protection to personal data shared between Europe and the US.
Your legal rights
Under certain circumstances, you have rights under data protection laws in relation to your personal data.
- You have the right to access the personal data we hold about you by making a subject access request in accordance with data protection legislation.
- You have the right to have your personal information rectified if it’s incomplete or inaccurate.
- You have the right to have your personal information deleted.
- You have the right to object to the processing or your personal information and the right to request restriction of the processing.
- You have the right to ask us not to process your personal information for marketing purposes.
- Where you’ve provided your consent, you can withdraw your consent at any time by contacting us.
- You have the right to data portability.
If you wish to exercise any of the rights set out above, please contact us.
You won’t have to pay a fee to access your personal data (or to exercise any of the other rights). However, we may charge a reasonable fee if your request is clearly unfounded, repetitive or excessive. Alternatively, we may refuse to comply with your request in these circumstances.