Total underwear collected is 2,058,694
Thank you for sending us a pantastic 1,772 parcels in March.
Since our last Talking Pants, we’ve provided new pants and new and gently worn bras to 9 organisations:
- 560 pairs of pants and bras to Care4Calais, Bristol and Slough.
- 154 pairs of pants and bras to Happy Baby Community, an organisation in London supporting pregnant mothers.
- 600 pairs of pants to Days for Girls (Arnside, London, Herts) to be included in their hygiene kits going to Africa.
- 300 pairs of pants going to Showerbox, an organisation offering showers to the homeless in London.
- 539 pairs of pants to CHAOS Group Cornwall, an organisation supporting recently discharged patients from hospital.
- 1,200 pairs of pants and bras for the Mtende Community Project, a charity based in Ekwendeni in Northern Malawi.
- 2,750 pairs of pants to The Cowshed Charity, a Berkshire based charity offering practical support to people in times of crisis.
- 880 pairs of pants to Freedom4girls to be included in their hygiene kits going to Kenya.
- 250 pairs of pants for Two Brews, an outreach charity based in Manchester.
When times are hard, you worry about food and heating. Underwear you take completely for granted. But what happens when you have none or it literally starts falling apart and you can’t afford to replace it? As you can see from the above timeline, it’s been a busy time in the Smalls warehouse. But we were only able to help these organisations, who support some of the most vulnerable people here at home and in Africa, through the generosity of people donating underwear. So, we’d like to say a heartfelt thank you to everyone who has been donating new pants and new or gently worn bras to Smalls for All. Every single donation makes a difference – please keep them coming!
Back in August, we gave 800 pairs of pants to The Life Changers (part of Upcycle Hope) for inclusion in hygiene kits destined for Zimbabwe, and I was delighted to hear back from them about their successful distribution. The organisation’s Tracy Hall-Roberts told us, “We managed to distribute the sanitary wear to the girls. Let me take this opportunity to thank you so much for the donation [of pants]. It will go a long way and the girls were happy and they appreciated the donation.”
And a wee reminder! Smalls is hosting a Spring Fair on Saturday 22 April in the British Legion in Bathgate from 11am till 3pm. For those local to West Lothian, please pop in to see us as there will be a range of brand new items, e.g. swimwear, lingerie, sportswear, along with 20 other stallholders who would all be pleased to see you as well!