Total underwear collected is 1,918,375
Thank you for sending us a pantastic 2,389 parcels in May.
Since our last Talking Pants, we’ve provided new pants and new or gently worn bras to 6 organisations:
- 1,930 pairs of pants and bras to The School Bank West Lothian for families in West Lothian experiencing financial hardship.
- 205 pairs of pants to Days for Girls Alresford, for hygiene kits destined for Africa.
- 1,200 pairs of pants and bras to Mtende Community Project, a charity based in Ekwendeni, Northern Malawi. The Project supports girls and women by supplying pants and period products.
- 875 pairs of pants to Little Green Sock Project, which supports families in the Trafford area of Manchester.
- 665 pairs of pants and bras to Babes in the Wood, an organisation based in Stirling that supports families facing financial hardship.
- 300 pairs of pants to Homeless Aid UK, which is based in Bolton but supports homeless people in Manchester, Wigan, Leigh, London, Sheffield and Glasgow.
We’ve supplied pants to Days for Girls UK for a number of years now so it was lovely to get some feedback from them. Days for Girls UK provides access to menstrual care and education to women and girls worldwide, with the aim of achieving menstrual equity and empowerment. Thanks to you, we recently gave them 400 pairs of pants that will be included in their menstrual kits and delivered with health education to women and girls in northern Tanzania who are struggling to manage their periods. Days for Girls UK Country Coordinator, Phoebe Sanderson said, “Smalls for All allows us to reach many more women and girls with our kits and change their lives for the better. We are so thankful for their generous donation. It is wonderful when organisations like ours come together to make such a difference.”
Last month we mentioned we had supplied pants and bras to Care4calais Reading. Care4calais Reading supports refugees and asylum seekers in the Thames Valley, many of whom arrive in the UK with practically nothing. Regional Lead Sam Jonkers said, “We try to react rapidly with a change of clothes and some new underwear. In recent months we have had an influx of refugee families and have been struggling to keep up with demand for new underwear, so there was a whoop of joy when two boxes loaded with new pants and bras arrived from Smalls for All allowing us to meet the needs of recently arrived families. A change of underwear seems like a small thing, but for a refugee who has fled their home with nothing, has no right to work and receives no benefits, it makes a huge difference. Thank you for your kindness.”
These donations of underwear can only be made as we have the support of so many kind and generous people. Thank you everyone who has made an underwear or monetary donation to Smalls.
We’ve been paid! Thank you to our wonderful Easyfundraising supporters, who’ve raised just under £300 in the last 3 months. Please support Smalls every time you shop online if you’re not doing so already. Easyfundraising is a free fundraising platform that allows us to earn free funding when you shop online. Easyfundraising works with over 6,800 online retailers, everyone from Pets at Home, Morrisons, eBay, Sports Direct, M&S, Deliveroo, and everything in between. So, if you’re buying smalls to donate to us, grocery shopping, getting a takeaway, booking your holiday, or anything else – why not visit Easyfundraising first and we’ll get a donation from your purchase too!
How you can support us:
- Register with Easyfundraising – it only takes a couple of minutes, and it’s free. Click the special invitation link below.
- Before visiting a retailer, log into your Easyfundraising account first, and then you can shop as usual. This means we’ll earn free funding from your purchase.
- Keep forgetting? If you regularly shop online via your laptop or computer, downloading the ‘Donation Reminder’, you can collect free funding for us in just one click.
- Or, if you prefer to shop on your mobile or tablet, you can download the Easyfundraising app instead.
Raise your first £5 in donations and Easyfundraising will add another bonus £5. Click: http://efraising.org/vmVF8qmpry.