Total underwear collected is 1,557,614
Thank you for sending us a pantastic 3,673 parcels in April! Unfortunately, 748 of them were addressed to us at Livingston – an ongoing problem resulting from the sharing of old posts on social media. So, as ever, we’d be really grateful if you could help us spread the word that we’re now at Five Sisters Business Park, Westwood, West Calder EH55 8PN, and correct any old posts you see still circulating with our old address.
Although most of our volunteers are now back at work, we have a small backlog as a result of lockdown so it may be a while before we can acknowledge your kind donations (which we do by email). But the need for underwear is as great as ever.
Since our last Talking Pants, we’ve provided underwear to 5 organisations:
- 390 pairs of pants to Bear Necessities, Airdrie, Scotland.
- 589 pairs of pants and bras to Migrant Help, Birmingham, England.
- 2,700 pairs of pants to Friends of Mulanje Orphans, Mulanje, Malawi.
- 380 pairs of pants to Three Hills Action Trust, Mombasa, Kenya.
- 240 pairs of pants to Days for Girls, Ethiopia.
- 405 pairs of pants to Pathway Church, Motherwell, Scotland.
Smalls has joined DropPoint, a free-to-use, non-profit platform which helps people pass on items to charities. DropPoint offers a competitive, fully tracked and insured postage service – which they tell us is often up to 60% cheaper than the Post Office. Check it out at DropPoint.org. As you know, Smalls only collects NEW pants, and new and gently worn bras so if you’re looking to donate other items it’s a great place to look!
In February, we set up a text-giving option for Smalls – a quick and easy way to make donations through your mobile phone number – and I just wanted to say thank you to everyone who’s tried it out so far. £3 here, £5 there – it really makes a difference! You can donate any whole amount from £1 to £20 by texting 70450 anytime. For example:
- To donate £3, text SMALLS 3
- To donate £5, text SMALLS 5
We hugely appreciate every underwear or financial contribution you make to Smalls to help us carry on our work. Thank you so much, Maria.