We’ve given 82,190 pairs of pants and bras to 5 organisations since our last Talking Pants.
Our thanks to:
- Tina Leslie of Freedom4Girls, a period poverty charity working in Kenya and Uganda. Tina is organising 430 pairs of pants to be given to girls they’re supporting with hygiene kits.
- Vicki Beach of Friends of St Michaels for organising 460 pairs of pants to be taken to St Michael’s Primary School, Busembatia, Uganda.
- Priscilla Chishala of Noah Mapola Community Centre in Zambia for organising the distribution of 150 bras and 150 pairs of pants.
- Adrian Brewer of Walk for Water for organising 1,000 pairs of pants to be taken to Homa Bay in Kenya where they have a sanitary pad project.
- And last but not least, our friends at NPAC for collecting 80,000 new pants and new and gently worn bras. These will be stored in Mansfield and will make their way to Africa over the next 2-3 months.