What a busy month it’s been! We sorted and organised underwear for 6 organisations, taking our overall distributed total to over a million. And this was as well as dealing with a break-in at our old premises and a move to new premises a week earlier than planned.
Our thanks to:
- Helen Hunter from Peebles Scotland Days for Girls Team for collecting 650 pairs of pants for hygiene kits for girls in a secondary school in Thondwe village, Malawi.
- Kirsten McCormack who is part of a Forth Region (West Lothian, Stirling, Falkirk and Clackmannanshire) Scout Expedition to the village of Omakange in Namibia this summer. She’s taking 400 pairs of pants for girls aged 10-14.
- Tina Leslie from Freedom4girls who we supplied with 200 pairs of pants for hygiene kits for girls they support in Kenya and Uganda.
- Susan Flynn for collecting 1,000 pairs of pants from us to be given to the Lotus Project in Malawi for their hygiene kits.
- Nikki Kamminga, Project Kidogo, who is taking 1,000 pairs of pants to Tabora, Tanzania.
- And last but not least, our friends at NPAC for collecting 100,000 new pants and new and gently worn bras.