Since our last Talking Pants, we’ve provided underwear (new pants, new and gently worn bras) to 8 organisations:
- 300 pairs of pants to Days for Girls. The hygiene kits will be going to girls in Somalia.
- 181 pairs of pants to Marie Cassidy who is organising the pants getting to an orphanage in Uganda.
- 480 pairs of pants to Freedom4girls, a period poverty charity working in the UK, Kenya and Uganda.
- 290 pairs of pants to the Edinburgh School Uniform Bank.
- 650 pairs of pants to Tricky Period, an organisation providing essential items to the homeless, and Showerbox, an organisation that enables those in need to have a shower. Based in London.
- 400 pairs of pants to the Tumaini Fund, Kagera, Tanzania.
- The University of Nottingham who received 220 pairs of men’s and ladies’ pants, and bras, for their rucksack project. Each year rucksacks are distributed containing clothing to the homeless community in Nottingham.
- 1,050 pairs of pants and bras to the Noah Mapalo Help Centre in Zambia.