Total underwear collected is 1,713,165
Happy birthday to us – we attained charity status on 10 August 2010 which means we’re now 11 years young! To celebrate, we launched a wee video (below) to help people understand what we do and why. Huge thanks to Stefan from the Sage Foundation who created this for us in partnership with Sage learning designer volunteers.
Huge thanks also to you – our friends, supporters and volunteers – for your kindness and generosity over the past 11 years in helping us provide new pants and new and gently worn bras to people in need in Africa and the UK. It’s thanks to all of you that we’ve managed to distribute 1,678,765 items of underwear.
In July we received a massive 3,895 parcels/boxes – lots of new pants which is pantastic! Thank you to everyone who responded to our pants appeal.
Since our last Talking Pants, we’ve provided underwear to 12 organisations:
- 41,500 pairs of new pants and new and gently worn bras to the National Police Aid Convoy (NPAC).
- 26,000 pairs of new pants and new and gently worn bras to Project Gambia Trust for distribution to the communities and schools across The Gambia.
- 201 pairs of new pants to Olivia’s Closet, an organisation providing clothing packs to men and women who have experienced modern slavery.
- 1,205 pairs of new pants to Baby Bank Scotland, an organisation helping the community in South Lanarkshire.
- 1,408 pairs of new pants to the Edinburgh School Uniform Bank (ESUB), Edinburgh.
- 700 pairs of new pants to the School Bank, West Lothian.
- 718 pairs of new pants to the Baby Bank, Maidenhead.
- 614 pairs of new pants to Care4Calais, an organisation supporting refugees in the UK.
- 2,150 pairs of new pants to Pelican Parcels based in Brighton. They provide clothing packs for babies and children up to age 12.
- 2,322 pairs of pants and new and gently worn bras to the Friends of the William Stewart Centre in Malawi.
- 1,042 pairs of new pants to Tricky Period, an organisation providing essential items to the homeless, and Showerbox, an organisation that enables those in need to have a shower. Based in London.
- 1,030 pairs of new pants to the Do Good Charity Initiative based in Lagos, Nigeria.
We’re truly indebted to everyone who donates money or underwear to Smalls to support our work. It’s thanks only to you that we’re able to carry on. Thank you so much!