Total underwear collected is 2,181,257
Thank you for sending us a pantastic 1,641 parcels in November.
1,215 packs of pants have been bought since we launched our new buy-to-give scheme on 20 November! Huge thanks to everyone who has bought pants, and for the positive feedback from so many of you. At the moment, you can only buy girls’ and ladies’ pants, but we’re hoping to have boys’ and men’s pants available early next year.
Since our last Talking Pants, we’ve provided new pants and new & gently worn bras to 7 organisations:
- 200 pairs of pants to Titchfield Abbey WI for a women’s refuge in Southampton.
- 275 pairs of pants to Care4Calais, Brighton & Hove.
- 723 pairs of pants to the Children’s Clothing Bank Dunfermline.
- 1,704 pairs of pants to Pelican Parcels, an organisation based in Hove that helps families disadvantaged by poverty.
- 300 pairs of pants to Liberty Project, an organisation providing menstrual health kits to girls in Liberia.
- 300 pairs of pants to Tweed Togs, a clothing bank based in the Scottish Borders.
- 770 pairs of pants and new & gently worn bras to Migrant Help in Birmingham who help asylum seekers.
As you may know, Smalls runs a small lottery to help with our overheads. While there are no spaces at the moment, we normally have a wee ‘reserve’ list of people who would like to join. The commitment is £5 payable on the 1st of the month, and the number of tickets is strictly limited to 200. Each month, someone wins £500 and Smalls receives £500. If you’re interested in joining our reserve list to take part as soon as a number becomes available, please email [email protected]. Thank you!
On behalf of all the people we support, my sincere thanks go to our supporters, our partners and distributors, and to our amazing team of Smalls volunteers.
Wishing you all a wonderful Christmas wherever you are and whatever you’re doing. I hope that 2024 is full of peace, happiness and good health for you all.
With very best wishes, Maria