Total underwear collected is 2,182,441
Thank you for sending us a pantastic 1,240 parcels in December.
It’s hard to believe we’re mid-January already, and I’m guessing 2024 will be just as busy as previous years! We started back at the warehouse on the 8th and have managed to get 3 of the 7 requests for underwear on their way to people in need.
The 3 organisations we’ve provided new pants and new & gently worn bras to since our last Talking Pants are:
- Days for Girls (North Herts) – 100 pairs of pants to be included in their hygiene kits going to Africa.
- A Child in the Rough, an organisation working with students at Star of Wonder, a school in Nairobi, Kenya – 764 pairs of pants and bras.
- Sal’s Shoes – 340 pairs of pants for girls they support in South Africa.
Huge thanks to everyone who has bought pants through our buy-to-give scheme – 1,358 packs of pants have been bought since we launched it on 20 November. A few of you have been asking when pants will be available for men and boys. Well, we’re delighted to let you know that they’re available on our website now!
The hope was that by offering this as a way of donating pants, it would be quicker, easier and more economical (no postage costs) for people to donate. But I think it’s fair to say that the Smalls team that worked on the design, testing and implementation couldn’t be happier with the feedback that so many people have given. The common theme is just how easy it is to use. As a reminder, here’s how it works:
- Simply add any item to your basket and click on ‘checkout’ to purchase it.
- Shortly afterwards, you should receive a confirmation email.
- Once your order has been processed, you should also receive a thank-you email letting you know it’s been completed.
- You can then relax, knowing your gift of pants will make a real difference to someone in need.
If you’d like to give it a try, please let us know what you think: https://bit.ly/give-sfa. Your feedback always helps us improve the way we do things, and every improvement means that with your help we can reach even more people in need.
As always, many thanks to you all for continuing to support Smalls.