Total underwear collected is 2,116,615
Thank you for sending us a pantastic 1,811 parcels in June.
Since our last Talking Pants, we’ve provided new pants and new and gently worn bras to 7 organisations:
- 2.035 pairs of pants and new & gently worn bras to the Airdrie Community School Uniform Bank.
- 350 pairs of pants to Shared Goods, a clothing bank based in Kirklees, West Yorkshire.
- 303 pairs of pants and new & gently worn bras to Refugees Welcome Crawley.
- 244 pairs of pants to the Breightmet Community Group, an organisation providing school uniforms and other school supplies to local families.
- 575 pairs of pants and new & gently worn bras to the School Bank, West Lothian.
- 139 pairs of pants and new & gently worn bras to LIV Village in Durban, South Africa.
- 405 pairs of pants to Days for Girls (Clun Valley & North Herts) to be included in their hygiene kits going to Africa.
We recently provided underwear to Happy Baby Community, an organisation in London supporting pregnant mothers. The organisation’s Samina Munir told us, “We offer a community of support for women who have fled from violence or traffickers, and are pregnant or with a young child and are seeking international protection in the UK. We always need new knickers and are hugely indebted to the supporters of Small for All for their kindness in donating.”
Thanks to you, we were also able to provide pants to Liberty Projects (Liberia) recently for inclusion in their hygiene kits. The organisation’s Alison Farngalo told us, “I make and take re-useable menstrual health kits to Liberia, West Africa, to distribute, together with menstrual health education to girls in school, to help them still attend during their monthly periods.” They kindly supplied us with a photo from a distribution they did last year at a girls’ school in Montserrado County where they distributed 75 menstrual management kits (with 150 pairs of pants from Smalls).
Thank you all for continuing to support Smalls.
Best wishes, Maria