Total underwear collected is 1,855,059.
Thank you for sending us a pantastic 3,372 parcels in February. I’m very grateful to you all for your continued support – without your donations we wouldn’t be able to meet the requests for underwear. Since our last Talking Pants, we’ve provided underwear to 5 organisations:
- 750 pairs of new pants and new and gently worn bras to The School Bank, West Lothian.
- 540 pairs of new pants to the Uniform Exchange in Huddersfield.
- 400 pairs of new pants to Days for Girls Arnside/Cumbria and Herts for distribution to girls in Ethiopia.
- 360 pairs of new pants to Advance Charity, an organisation based in Hammersmith who support survivors of domestic abuse and women involved in the criminal justice system through crisis intervention.
- 2,225 pairs of new pants and new and gently worn bras to Care4Calais (Slough/Heathrow region).
Since January, we’ve supplied underwear to 12 organisations, 7 supporting people in the UK. Social enterprise Ideas Alliance have published an article focusing on Smalls’ work in the UK – “With pants comes dignity.” It’s wonderful to have organisations like this helping spread the word. To find out more, see https://ideas-alliance.org.uk/hub/2022/02/17/smalls-for-all/
We celebrated International Women’s Day with an appeal for black pants and shared some feedback from the Tumaini Fund (Scotland) after a distribution of pants to orphans in Tanzania. Representative Tracy said, “These kits will last each girl 3 years and will buy back over 180 days’ worth of education. It’s a privilege for us to take these kits in our suitcases each time we visit and a real joy to watch the girls receive them.”
We appreciate every underwear or financial contribution you make to Smalls to help us carry on our work.
Thank you so much.