Total underwear collected is 1,760,570
Thank you for sending us a pantastic 2,829 parcels in September.
As I mentioned last month, we’ve seen an increase in requests for pants and we’re particularly low in boys’ pants ages 8-15. Many thanks to everyone who acted on our appeal for boys’ pants – we really appreciate it.
We’re running a wee campaign on social media at the moment focusing on why people donate, and it includes some of the very touching messages we receive from people who send us underwear. Do check out our Facebook page if you’d like to see and hear more.
Since our last Talking Pants, we’ve provided underwear (new pants, new and gently worn bras) to 6 organisations:
- 37,000 pairs of pants and bras to the National Police Aid Charity.
- 3,430 pairs of pants and bras to Ripon City of Sanctuary.
- 203 pairs of pants to the South Oxford Food Education Alliance.
- 132 pairs of pants to Moorhouse School and College, Surrey.
- 160 pairs of pants to Days for Girls. The hygiene kits will be going to girls in Somalia.
- 170 pairs of pants to Refugees Welcome Crawley.
Like many people, I don’t like hearing the word “Christmas” until at least November. But for those planning on starting their Christmas shopping much earlier, please remember you can support us when shopping online (and it won’t cost you a penny extra) by using Easyfundraising or AmazonSmile.
We hugely appreciate every underwear or financial contribution you make to Smalls to help us carry on our work. Thank you so much.