Total underwear collected is 2,173,544
Thank you for sending us a pantastic 1,733 parcels in September.
Since our last Talking Pants, we’ve provided new pants and new & gently worn bras to 9 organisations:
- 45,000 pairs of pants and new & gently worn bras to NPAC destined for Africa.
- 1,500 pairs of pants and new and gently worn bras to the North Luangwa Conservation Programme in Zambia (thank you to NPAC for delivering them!).
- 60 pairs of pants to Days for Girls (North Herts) to be included in their hygiene kits going to Africa.
- 1,800 pairs of pants and new and gently worn bras to Chifundo UK to be given to schoolgirls around Blantyre, Malawi.
- 557 pairs of pants and new & gently worn bras to Life Support, an organisation based in Zambia.
- 540 pairs of pants to The Tumaini Fund Scotland to be included in their hygiene kits and distributed to girls and women in Kagera, NW Tanzania.
- 509 pairs of pants to the West Lothian Financial Inclusion Network to be distributed as part of their community clothing chest and Christmas shoe boxes.
- 1,300 pairs of pants to Baby Bank Scotland, a baby and clothing bank based in Hamilton.
- 330 pairs of pants and new & gently worn bras to The Nelson Trust for their women’s centre in Swansea.
In August, I mentioned we gave 500 pairs of pants to Streets Kitchen, a grassroots organisation working with people experiencing homelessness, providing food and essentials on the streets. The organisation’s Elodie Berland said, “Thank you to the incredible Smalls for All team for providing us yet again with much-needed pants to take on outreaches with us! They bring so many smiles and are so so so needed!” It’s lovely to get feedback from the organisations that benefit from your donations, and as you can see it’s been a busy month for requests for underwear.
I mentioned last month that we were working on a way to make it cheaper and easier for people to donate pants. Well, the good news is we’re almost ready to share this with you. Inspire, who look after our website, have been working hard building the new functionality, and we’ve been testing it to make sure it all works how it should. Look out for more on this soon!
As always, thanks to you all for continuing to support Smalls.