Total underwear collected is 1,719,475
Thank you for sending us a pantastic 3,054 parcels in August.
I mentioned last month that over the past year and a half, we’ve received more requests for pants than ever before, with requests from within the UK rising significantly, and that we’d provided 34,437 pairs of pants to people in need in Africa and the UK. Since the August Talking Pants, we’ve provided a further 6,010 pairs of pants to the following 8 organisations:
- 1,950 to Uman Tok, an organisation in Sierra Leone providing hygiene kits and sexual and productive health education to girls and women.
- 1,250 to Baby Necessities, an organisation providing support to children in need across Southampton and surrounding areas.
- 360 (along with 300 bras) to Mtende Community Project who are in the Ekwendeni area of Northern Malawi.
- 480 to Freedom4girls, a period poverty charity working in the UK, Kenya and Uganda.
- 830 to Little Village, a baby bank supporting families across London with children 0-5 years.
- 735 to the Edinburgh School Uniform Bank.
- 185 to the Hestia Charity, an organisation supporting victims of modern slavery and human trafficking.
- 220 to the Horsham West Sussex Days for Girls UK team.
Our stocks for boys are particularly low at the moment so if you were thinking of donating a pack of pants, we’d be really grateful for boys ages 8-15!
People donate to Smalls for many reasons. For example, you may have seen or experienced the difficulties faced by people who have no underwear, or maybe just want to help us give people their dignity back. Or maybe you’re having a clear-out and hate to see good items go to waste. Lots of donations come from people grieving for a loved one – a special thanks to them for thinking about us at a time in their life when they’re dealing with loss. Whatever your reason for donating, with so many charities and worthwhile causes needing support, we really appreciate you choosing Smalls.