This month we reopened our warehouse, with a reduced number of local volunteers, and they’ve been working incredibly hard to meet the demand for underwear that we’ve received over the last few weeks. Since our last Talking Pants, we’ve provided underwear (7,808 pants and bras) to 8 organisations:
- 243 pairs of women’s and children’s pants to Rotherham Rise, a charity that supports women, men and children affected by domestic abuse. The pants will be going to the women and children living in their refuge.
- 500 pairs of children’s pants to the West Berkshire Community Baby Bank.
- 300 pairs of children’s pants to TWR in St Neots.
- 2,103 pairs of children’s, ladies’ and men’s pants to Care4Calais, a charity working with refugees and asylum seekers.
- 1,000 pairs of girls’ and ladies’ pants to Chifundo UK, which will be included in the kits as part of the Lotus Project in Malawi.
- 284 pairs of children’s pants to Sal’s Shoes, which will be included with a consignment of shoes going to an orphanage in Sierra Leone.
- 3,145 pairs of children’s, ladies’ and men’s pants, and bras to Diamonds in the Community, a baby and family clothing bank in Airdrie.
- 233 pairs of pants and bras to the Bethany Christian Trust in Edinburgh.